Please make a donation to help support this website and blog. You may donate through paypal by clicking the button below or you may mail your donation to Michael Connelly, PMB 141, 12895 Josey Lane #124, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234.
Welcome to my website and Blog. I am a U.S. Army veteran, a Constitutional attorney, Executive Director of the United States Justice Foundation, and a published author, freelance writer, and teacher. I am the author of four books, "Riders in the Sky: The Ghosts and Legends of Philmont Scout Ranch", "The Mortarmen", a story about my father's unit in WW II; my novel, "Amayehli: A Story of America" and the newly released "America's Livliest Ghosts" In addition, I have an affordable, pocket size booklet on the Constitution called "Our Constitution" that is receiving great reviews. You can read more about these books by going to the pages on each book on this website.
You may also want to check out my radio talk show that airs every Wednesday at 4:00 Eastern. Here is the website containing the link: http://www.americaswebradio.com/showpages/OurConstitution.php
I have been named the new Executive Director of the United States Justice Foundation that works on Constitutional law cases. It's website is www.usjf.net.
I have recently formed a non profit corporation named the Constitutional Law Alliance (CLA).To find out more about the the CLA and the type of projects we are working on go to the webite at www.constitution.jigsy.com. You will see information about a booklet I have written titled "Our Constitution".
The Blog you see below is designed to deal with the challenges to our Constitutional rights that are being made almost daily. I will try to post articles frequently and your comments are welcome.
New feature! I have added a new feature to my blog. I will be placing Legislative Alerts on the blog to notify you of specific pieces of legislation pending in Congress that contain direct threats to our Constitution.
I am available to speak on Constitutional issues to groups both large and small. To request a speaking engagement email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out my new 'Our Constitution" video on You Tube. It is in two parts:
Our Constitution, Part 1
Our Constitution, Part 2
This is the response that I and other United States Justice Foundation attorneys prepared and submitted in opposition to some very dangerous proposed amendments to ATF regulations. These could cause millions of Americans to be denied their Second Amendment rights.
Subject: Comments on Notice of Proposed Rulemaking of Changes to
ATF Definition of Adjudicated as a Mental Defective and Committed to a Mental Institution. (Docket No. ATF 51P)
These comments are submitted in response to the above-referenced Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (“ATF”) Notice of Proposed Rulemaking of changes to the ATF definitions of Adjudicated as a Mental Defective and Committed to a Mental Institution. These proposed changes will affect the inclusion of individuals in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (“NICS”) as persons ineligible to purchase or possess a firearm.
Changes to the Definition of “Mental Defective”
The Gun Control Act of 1968 (“GCA”) is enforced by the ATF and, under the provisions of 18 U.S.C. Section 922(g), certain persons are expressly prohibited from shipping or transporting any firearm or ammunition in interstate or foreign commerce, possessing a firearm or ammunition in or affecting commerce, or receiving a firearm or ammunition that has traveled in interstate or foreign commerce. Among those so prohibited is a person who “has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution”.
ATF has proposed a rule change that appears to significantly broaden the scope of those considered mentally defective, and by what authority such a declaration can be made. Specifically, the summary of the proposed changes is stated in the Federal Register to be: “The proposed rule would clarify that the statutory term ‘adjudicated as a mental defective’ includes persons who are found incompetent to stand trial or not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect, lack of mental responsibility, or insanity, and that the term includes persons found guilty but mentally ill. The Department recognizes that the term ‘mental defective’ is outdated, but it is included in the statute and cannot be amended by regulation. The proposed amendments would further clarify that federal, state, local and military courts are recognized lawful authorities that can find persons incompetent to stand trial or find them not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect, lack of mental responsibility or insanity.”
What is left unstated is what constitutes a “mental defective.” Under the explanation for the proposed rule provided in the Federal Register, it is claimed that the intent of Congress in passing the GCA was so that “the prohibition against the receipt and possession of firearms would apply broadly to ‘mentally unstable’ or ‘irresponsible’ persons.” Even assuming that this interpretation of Congressional intent were correct, there is no definition of the term “irresponsible,” leaving it up to a variety of individuals and institutions to add anyone to NICS.
A clear example of this is the plight of many of America’s military veterans who are being determined by the Veterans Administration (“VA”) to be incompetent to handle their own financial affairs. According to letters and other documents from the VA, a finding of financial incompetence can be based on even minor Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (“PTSD”), temporary depression or even allowing one’s spouse to handle the family finances. In most cases, the declaration of incompetence is being made not because the veteran has been examined by a psychiatrist or a psychologist and found to be mentally ill, but simply because of some comment in his or her VA records.
Veterans bear the burden of proof to demonstrate they are competent, and that is a clear violation of their right to due process under the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. In the correspondence from the VA, veterans are also being told that once they are declared incompetent to handle their own financial affairs, they are automatically added to NICS list. Yet there is no direct correlation between ability to handle finances and firearm ownership or possession.
That being stated, the changes in the definition of “mental defectiveness” proposed by the ATF will only further confuse the situation and lead to more people being denied their Second Amendment right to have a firearm, for reasons that are suspect at best.
Changes to the Definition of “Commitment to a Mental Institution”
The summary of the proposed changes printed in the Federal Register also includes this statement: “This proposed rulemaking would also amend ATF regulations to clarify that the statutory term ‘committed to a mental institution’ applies to involuntary inpatient or outpatient treatment.” If that is the case, it opens the door to all types of abuses.
A good example would be in family court situations where judges routinely issue an order for psychiatrists or psychologists to evaluate both parents and children and, in some cases, have them continue for a course of treatment and/or counseling. This is done in an outpatient situation and since it is the result of a court order, would be considered involuntary. This puts both parents and children in danger of, ultimately, losing their Second Amendment rights under the new commitment definition.
The same problem can occur in both criminal and juvenile court where judges can order psychological evaluations and treatment. Even if the defendant is found mentally competent, and ultimately exonerated of the criminal charges, he could still fall under the definition of having been involuntarily committed to outpatient treatment. Juveniles under the age of 18 will be particularly vulnerable since, even though their court records may be sealed, their medical records may not be.
It is also necessary to consider children who are simply unruly and a problem to their parents and/or teachers. At a time when schools encourage having students diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder (“ADD”) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (“ADHD”) and medicated, the minors are in danger of having had treatment that would brand them for life, even if the diagnosis is incorrect or the problem disappears as they get older. Where do these individuals stand under the new regulations? The answer is not clear at all.
Finally, the situation with veterans must also be considered. Many veterans are reporting that they are being encouraged and in some cases coerced to accept a diagnosis of PTSD in order to get benefits. The diagnosis will require them to take medications even if they feel they don’t need it. In fact PTSD is not classified as a mental illness, but the VA is still using it to place veterans on NICS. The proposed new rules will not alleviate this problem, but probably make it worse.
There are serious Constitutional questions raised by these new proposed amendments. First, there is the question of whether the U.S. Department of Justice (“DOJ”) and ATF even have the authority to make these changes since they will clearly have an impact on the GCA itself. Clearly, any such statutory changes must be enacted by Congress.
Secondly, there are serious due process issues raised by these proposals. Based on what is happening with the VA and our military veterans, the changes will lead to more veterans and non-veterans being put on NICS without any real adjudication and no opportunity to dispute the decision by a government agency, except through an expensive and time-consuming appeal and/or litigation.
Last, the Second Amendment implications cannot be ignored. The U.S. Supreme Court has twice ruled that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right and that any limitations on that right must be carefully monitored to see that they do not violate the Constitution. The GCA was designed to prohibit certain persons from being able to legally purchase firearms. It was primarily directed at convicted felons and persons adjudicated to be mentally ill to the point of being a danger to themselves or others. The ATF’s proposed changes go far beyond the intent of the law.
For the foregoing reasons, the United States Justice Foundation requests the ATF to withdraw its proposed regulations.
Most Americans apparently don’t realize that since he was elected President of the United States Barack Obama has been aggressively creating a caste system in our country. He and Michelle obviously consider themselves elitists who are above most of the rest of us and entitled to special privileges. They are joined by members of the cabinet like Eric Holder and Chuck Hagel, members of Congress such as Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, members of the mainstream media, the Hollywood hierarchy, and certain corporate executives who have contributed heavily to the Obama campaigns and the Democratic Party.
Many of the rest of us have been relegated to be second class citizens. According to the elitists, you fall into the category if you are:
- A U.S. Military veteran.
- An active member of the U.S. military or a family member of a member of the military.
- A gun owner, and/or believe in the Second Amendment of the Constitution.
- A believer in freedom of speech for all Americans, even for those you disagree with.
- A believer that the news media should be free and a guardian of the Constitution, not a propaganda organ for the government.
- A Christian.
- A defender of the Fourth and Fifth Amendments.
- A believer in the balance of powers mandated in the Constitution.
- A believer that the Constitution provides for a Federal government with limited powers.
- A believer that traditional marriage is between a man and a woman.
- A believer that America has a right to defend itself against Islamist terrorism and other enemies of freedom.
- A believer in American exceptionalism.
- A supporter of a free market economy.
On the other hand if you are:
- A supporter of unlimited big government.
- A believer that the government can better spend your money than you can.
- A believer in the redistribution of wealth by taking from those who work and giving to those that don’t want to work.
- A supporter of the killing of the innocent unborn, but in opposition to the death penalty for murderers and terrorists.
- A believer that Islam is a religion of peace.
- Someone who blames America for all the ills of the world.
- A believer that freedom of speech does not apply to all Americans, just those you deem “politically correct.
- A supporter of disarming honest American citizens.
- A believer that all military veterans are dangerous and should be disarmed.
- A believer that the U.S. Military should be drastically cut so more money can be sent on welfare programs.
- A supporter of censorship of the news media outlets that don’t agree with your point of view.
- Someone who believes that only Muslims should have freedom of religion.
- Someone who believes that the federal government should decide what our children are taught in school.
- A believer that the government should control every aspect of the economy.
- A believer that the Constitution and Bill of Rights is outdated and should be radically changed or abolished.
If this describes you, than congratulations you are now officially a slave on the Obama plantation.
It also makes me proud to be classified by you as a second class citizen. That means I am still an American!
I have prepared these updated formal Articles of Impeachment as a Constitutional lawyer. They are in proper legal form and all allegations are provable. They will be sent to Congress.
Impeaching Barack Hussein Obama, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors.
Resolved, That Barack Hussein Obama, President of the United States, is impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors and that the following articles of impeachment be exhibited to the United States Senate:
Articles of impeachment exhibited by the House of Representatives of the United States of America in the name of itself and of the people of the United States of America, against Barack Hussein Obama, President of the United States of America, in maintenance and support of its impeachment against him for high crimes and misdemeanors.
In his conduct while President of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama, in violation of his constitutional oath to faithfully execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has willfully corrupted and manipulated the executive branch to increase its power and destroy the balance of powers between the three branches of government that is established by the Constitution of the United States.
The means used to implement this course of conduct or scheme included one or more of the following acts:
(1) Shortly after being sworn in for his first term as President of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama began creating new departments and appointing Czars to oversee these departments. These Czars were never submitted to the United States Senate for approval as required by Article 2, Section 2 of the Constitution. In addition, these Czars and the Departments have budgets that are not subject to being controlled by Congress as provided for by Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution. He also made recess appointments when the Senate was not in recess and these appointments were struck down by the Supreme Court.
(2) Article 2, Section 3 of the Constitution mandates that the President of the United States “shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed…” Barack Hussein Obama, in violation of his oath of office has repeatedly ignored this Constitutional mandate by refusing to enforce laws against illegal immigration, defend in court the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), and refusing to enforce Federal voting laws.
(3) Article 1 of the Constitution establishes the legislative branch of the U.S. government and sets forth the powers of the Senate and House of Representatives to make laws. These powers are exclusive and the Constitution does not grant the President the power to either make laws or amend them on his own. Barack Hussein Obama has ignored these provisions and made or changed laws by either issuing unconstitutional executive orders or instructing governmental departments to take illegal and unconstitutional actions. Specific actions include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- A. Ordering the Environmental Protection Agency to implement portions of the Cap & Trade bill that failed to pass in the U.S. Senate.
- B. Ordering implementation of portions of the “Dream Act” that failed to pass in Congress.
- C. Orchestrating a government takeover of a major part of the automobile industry in 2009.
- D. Ordering a moratorium on new offshore oil and gas exploration and production without approval of Congress.
- E. Signing an Executive Order on March 16, 2012 giving himself and the Executive branch extraordinary powers to control and allocate resources such as food, water, energy and health care resources etc. in the interest of vaguely defined national defense issues. It would amount to a complete government takeover of the U.S. economy.
- F. Signing an Executive Order on July 6, 2012 giving himself and the Executive branch the power to control all methods of communications in the United States based on a Presidential declaration of a national emergency.
- G. Signing an Executive Order on January 6, 2013 that contained 23 actions designed to limit the individual right to keep and bear arms guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the Constitution.
- H. Amending portions of the Affordable Healthcare Act and other laws passed by Congress without Congressional approval as required by Article 1 of the Constitution.
- I. Issuing Executive orders in January 2014 amending the HIPPA law to allow the turning over of confidential medical records to Federal agencies if there is any information to be used to add individuals to the NICS list to prohibit them from purchasing firearms.
- J. Having the EPA impose regulations on the coal industry that will force many utility companies and coal mines out of business. This will cost the U.S. economy thousands of jobs and dramatically increase the cost of energy to the public. This is being done without Congressional approval.
- K. Hindering the ability of the U.S. Border Patrol Agency to not only stop illegal immigration, but to stop human and drug trafficking.
- L. Removing the work requirement from welfare reform legislation without Congressional approval.
(1) Article 2, Section 3 of the Constitution mandates that from time to time the President “shall give to Congress information on the State of the Union….” Implicit in this is an obligation for the President to be truthful with the Congress and the American people. Barack Hussein Obama has repeatedly violated his oath of office and the requirements of the Constitution by willfully withholding information on important issues or actively taken part in misleading the Congress and the American people. Specific actions include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- A. Using Executive privilege to block Congress from getting documents relating to the DOJ’s Operation Fast and Furious and the death of U.S. Border Patrol Brian Terry.
- B. Had members of his administration provide false information about the act of terrorism committed in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012 and refusing to allow the State Department and other federal agencies to cooperate in the Congressional investigation.
- C. Falsely labeled the mass murder of American soldiers at Ft. Hood, Texas as “workplace violence” instead of the act of Islamic terrorism it was.
- D. Falsely labeling the IRS targeting of conservative and Christian groups as a “phony” scandal and refusing to order an active pursuit of the investigation into who was ultimately responsible.
- E. Refusing to order an independent investigation of the actions of Eric Holder and the DOJ in targeting the phone records of members of the news media.
- F. Telling the American people on a television show that the NSA was not prying into the emails and phone calls of Americans when the facts prove otherwise.
(2) The oath of office of the President of the United States requires him to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution. This obviously includes what may be the most important part of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights. Barack Hussein Obama has repeatedly violated his oath of office by seeking to limit both the individual rights and the rights of the States guaranteed in the first ten amendments to the Constitution. Specific actions include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- A. Having the Department of Health and Human Services order religious institutions and businesses owned by religious families to provide their employees free contraception and other services that are contrary to their religious beliefs. This is being done under the auspices of the Affordable Health Care Act and violates the religious freedom clauses of the First Amendment.
- B. Having the military place restrictions on the religious freedom of Chaplains and other members of the military in order to favor gay rights advocates and atheists in violation of the First Amendment.
- C. Having the military place restrictions on the freedom of speech of members of the military and the civilian employees of the DOD in violation of their rights under the First Amendment.
- D. Using Executive orders and government agency actions to limit Second Amendment rights. This includes actions by the Veterans Administration to disarm American veterans without due process as required by the Fifth Amendment.
- E. Having the National Security Agency intercept and monitor the private communications of millions of Americans without a court order and in violation of the Fourth Amendment.
- F. Joining with foreign governments in lawsuits against sovereign U.S. states to prohibit them from enforcing immigration laws. This is in violation of the Tenth Amendment.
- G. Filing suits under the Voting Rights Act against sovereign U.S. states to prevent them from enforcing Voter ID laws despite rulings by the Supreme Court upholding these laws. This is another violation of the Tenth Amendment and the balance of powers.
- H. Having the IRS propose new regulations on conservative 501 (C ) (4) organizations to limit their freedom of speech and political activities during election cycles in violation of the First Amendment to the Constitution.
- I. Having the FCC prepare new rules on internet neutrality in violation of the ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court striking down such regulations.
- J. Having the FCC institute a plan to place agents in newsrooms of radio and television stations as well as print media to monitor whether they are providing the “proper” news content to the public, a direct violation of the First Amendment to the Constitution.
- K. Having the Secretary of State sign the U.N. Small Arms Treaty despite the opposition of a majority of the U.S. Senate and with full awareness that the implementation of the treaty would violate the Second Amendment rights of American citizens.
(3) Under Article 2, Section 2 of the Constitution the President of the United States is the Commander in Chief of the United States military and as such is responsible for using them in a manner that best serves the national security of the United States and protects our soldiers from unnecessary risks and harm. Barack Hussein Obama has violated his oath of office in this regard. Specific actions include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- A. In the name of “political correctness,” he imposed unnecessary and dangerous rules of engagement on our troops in combat causing them to lose offensive and defensive capabilities and putting them in danger. Many American service personnel have been killed or wounded as a result of this policy.
- B. Releasing the identity of American military personnel and units engaged in dangerous and secret operations such as the killing of Osama bin Laden by Navy Seal team 6.
- C. Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution gives Congress the exclusive power to declare war. Yet, without consulting Congress President Obama ordered the American military into action in Libya.
- D. Having the Attorney General tell Secretaries of State that they do not have to comply with the Federal law requiring states to timely send absentee ballots to military personnel.
In all of this, Barack Hussein Obama has undermined the integrity of his office, has brought disrepute on the Presidency, has betrayed his trust as President and has acted in a manner subversive of the rule of law and justice, to the manifest injury of the people of the United States.
Wherefore, Barack Hussein Obama, by such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, and removal from office and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States.
I have been writing, speaking and doing radio interviews for months about what is happening to our military veterans who are systematically being robbed by the Veterans Administration of their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms and their Fifth Amendment right to due process of law. I have talked to veterans all over the country and heard the horror stories, and as a result the United States Justice Foundation has already filed one suit against the VA and is in the process of raising the funds to file a second suit on behalf of individual veterans.
I have put some of these stories on my blog and talked about them on my radio show. Now I am going to let you see the face of one of these veterans and hear him and his wife tell their story first hand. They are Pat and Sue Kirby. Pat is a decorated Vietnam veteran and what you will hear is absolutely true. We are working with Pat and many more veterans and their families to stop this atrocity being perpetrated by our own government on America’s heroes.
The report you will see was prepared by Tim King and Jerry Freeman of the Salem News in Salem, Oregon. It has been posted on YouTube and been viewed thousands of time, but has once disappeared off of You Tube and then put back up with the number of views reset to zero. The video speaks for itself so watch it and prepare to get very angry.
On January 24, 2014 I attended a meeting of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association. The group is run by former Arizona Sheriff Richard Mack who led the charge to keep the Constitution and particularly the Tenth Amendment alive. He and a handful of other Constitutional Sheriffs sued the Clinton administration because it was trying to force them to violate their oath of office by enforcing provisions of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act.
Sheriff Mack objected to this because he believed that the act was unconstitutional and that the Federal government was not empowered to force local law enforcement officials to enforce Federal laws. The United States Supreme Court ultimately agreed with him in a landmark decision in the case Mack/Printz v USA.
Now, a growing number of like-minded Sheriffs and Peace officers have joined together to defend their oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. They have drawn a line in the and by saying that they will not enforce or allow any laws to be enforced in their jurisdictions that violate the constitutional rights of the Americans they serve.
I had the honor of being present when this group of heroes drew up and signed a historic document setting forth there dedication to freedom. Here is a link to that resolution: http://cspoa.org/cspoa-jan-2014-resolution/
The document speaks for itself and I believe hundreds of law enforcement and other public officials will come forward to add their names to it. However, it will take courage because there have already been attempts at both the Federal government and some state governments to intimidate members of the CSPOA. At the United States Justice Foundation (www.usjf.net) we will do our part to defend these brave Americans who are stepping up to the plate for us and our Constitution.
I encourage everyone to send a copy of this document to your local sheriff and other law enforcement officials and urge them to sign it and join the CSPOA. This group may represent our last line of defense against tyranny.
On June 25, 2013 I posted an article on this blog titled “Psychiatry as a Weapon of Tyranny” and I pointed out the history behind using an ever broadening definition of mental illness as a way to disarm and ultimately imprison the potential enemies of dictators throughout history. I also pointed out that his technique was being used against American military veterans, and with the IRS now having access to the medical records of all Americans, this type of action would be broadened to include many more U.S. citizens.
They are extraordinary Americans. It is said that they sign a blank check to their country and their countrymen pledging that they will give their all, up to and including their lives, to defend the American way of life and their fellow Americans. They are the men and women who are currently serving or have previously served in the armed forces of the United States. They take an oath to “protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, both foreign and domestic” and they always live by that oath.
This has become a Christmas tradition for me and some of you have seen this post before, but it is that time of year when I start thinking about the importance of friends and family and why I should be thankful for the country I live in. It is also the time when I think about those fellow Americans who have stepped forward in the past and the present to place their lives on the line so that the rest of us can celebrate this holy season in freedom and peace. This will be the fifth Christmas since 9/11 that my oldest son, U.S. Army Major Sean Connelly, has spent away from home and in harm’s way.
However, the true story below is not about Sean and the fighting Americans of today, but about Sean’ grandfather and another Christmas long ago. I wrote it many years ago and it has been reprinted and put on websites around the world. I offer it once again to honor our heroes of yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Come to think of it, this story is really about all of them because it epitomizes who and what they are.
In August 2009 I read and analyzed the 1100 pages of HR 3200 that was the original version of the Affordable Care Act. I wrote an article about the proposed legislation that became the first one posted on this blog. That article has recently resurfaced several times and gone viral as an email.
I have not posted anything new on my blog in over a month, but I have not been idle. Here is an update on some of the projects I have been working on:
I have prepared these formal Articles of Impeachment as a Constitutional lawyer. They are in proper legal form and I believe all allegations are provable. They will be sent to Congress with annotations.
Isn’t it ironic that we have a phony President of the United States complaining about the “phony scandals” he claims were created by those who dare to oppose him and his dictatorial regime? There is nothing phony about the death of Border Patrol officer Brian Terry as a result of the Fast and Furious scandal and there is certainly nothing phony about the massacre of Ambassador Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Tyrone Woods, and Glen Doherty by Islamist terrorists in Benghazi.
I have reviewed the Immigration reform bill, S744, passed overwhelmingly by the United States Senate and it is a disaster. It is lengthy and confusing and in many ways reminds me of the final version of Obamacare that was passed by members of Congress who did not read it and had no idea what was in it. There is no mistaking that this is an amnesty bill. It provides a pathway to citizenship for individuals who are already on record as being willing to break our laws.
I have written extensively about the horrendous and ongoing efforts by the Veterans Administration to disarm American military veterans by declaring them incompetent to handle their financial affairs due to physical or mental disabilities. Once declared incompetent the veterans are arbitrarily stripped of their Second Amendment right to purchase, own, or possess a firearm.
When I post a new article to my blog on the Constitution I always send out an email to those who request to be put on the list to be notified of new posts. I have many military veterans on the list and some members of the active military. Most of them have given me personal email addresses but some use their military email address and some people forward my emails and articles to active duty military personnel.
It seems that the scandals just keep on coming. First, Americans are abandoned to die in a terrorist attack in Benghazi and the American people are lied to about the attack by the President and members of his cabinet. All of the facts are still unknown and the cover up continues.
I am writing this on June, 6, 2013. Sixty nine years ago today my father, Roy Connelly, was a young army Lieutenant fighting his way up Utah Beach with other men of the 87th Chemical Mortar Battalion. It was D-Day and they were invading Normandy to free Europe from Nazi domination and restore and preserve freedom. Many of these men didn’t make it home, but those that did were honored for their service and were proud veterans.
With Memorial Day approaching Americans should be preparing to honor our veterans and military heroes currently fighting for us as well as remembering those we have lost. This honor should be especially due from our own government that has sent these brave men and women off to war. Unfortunately, the opposite is true. It is clear that the Federal government has declared war on our veterans and is intent on denying them the very Constitutional rights they fought to protect.
As a result of the May 8th House of Representatives Committee hearing on the September 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya three chilling conclusions can be drawn. First, the four Americans who were killed were abandoned by the very government they so bravely served. Days prior to the attack Ambassador Chris Stevens and others on his staff pointed out to the State Department that the security situation in Libya was deteriorating. There had already been a car bomb attack on the Consulate in Benghazi and an attempt had been made on the life of the British ambassador. Therefore, Ambassador Stevens wanted an increase in security personnel.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 22, 2013
CONTACT: Michael Connelly, Executive Director,
email@example.com or (214)731-6280
The United States Justice Foundation (USJF) has filed the first of several lawsuits against the Veterans Administration (VA) involving the VA’s violation of Constitutional rights of veterans guaranteed by the Second and Fifth Amendment.
Our investigation into the plight of our military veterans and the assault on their Second and Fifth Amendment rights continues to uncover a disturbing pattern that confirms that the VA is violating the Constitutional rights of America’s heroes on a daily basis. The investigation included two separate requests to the VA under the federal Freedom of Information Act. We asked for the criteria used for appointing a fiduciary for veterans to handle their financial affairs and for information on the criteria for adding such veterans to the list of Americans ineligible to buy firearms. The legal deadline for a response from the VA has passed and our requests have been totally ignored. This does not surprise me because it is obvious that the VA has much to hide.
Since I wrote the article titled “Disarming America’s Heroes” I have been inundated with emails and phone calls from veterans and the families of veterans. The horror stories I am hearing are proof that the VA and the Obama administration have launched an all out assault on the Constitutional rights of our nation’s wounded warriors and other veterans.
How would you feel if you received a letter from the U.S. Government informing you that because of a physical or mental condition that the government says you have it is proposing to rule that you are incompetent to handle your own financial affairs? Suppose that letter also stated that the government is going to appoint a stranger to handle your affairs for you at your expense? That would certainly be scary enough but it gets worse.
Obama’s state of the Union address on February 12, 2013 can be summed up as follows:
The Middle East is in chaos with war imminent and terrorists are emboldened by the weakness of our President who has a foreign policy that consists of apology and appeasement. As a result, Americans both at home and abroad are in greater danger than ever. Iran will soon have a nuclear weapon and North Korea will have the capacity to deliver its own nuclear weapons to the west coast of the United States.
What the hell just happened? That is the question that many Americans should be asking themselves following the news conference where Obama unveiled his plan for destroying the Bill of Rights to the U.S. Constitution. At first glance it appeared to be a case of Obama shamelessly using the deaths of innocents, and some live children as a backdrop, to push for the passage of radical gun control measures by Congress. Most of these have no chance of passing, yet, Obama’s signing of Executive orders initiating 23 so called Executive actions on gun control seemed like an afterthought.
It’s time for a reality check. The election is over and according to the results the majority of the people residing in this country voted to abolish our Republican form of government and trash the Constitution. They voted for virtually unlimited government, redistribution of wealth through higher taxes, limits on individual liberties, and out of control spending and debt. They voted to end the free market economic system, and place an unmanageable burden on their own children and grandchildren so they can collect their free stuff now.
It is the 2012 Christmas season, yet many of my fellow Americans are not feeling the usual joy that has historically come with this time of year when we not only celebrate the birth of Christ, but celebrate a time to spend with friends and family. Instead, I sense there is almost a feeling of despair and desperation in the air.
The English version of the Russian newspaper Pravda, that once was the voice of the Soviet Communist Party, has run an editorial saying essentially that the in reelecting Obama, America has put someone back in office who is pushing the Communist Manifesto on us without calling it what it is.
When I wrote and posted my article about “Bullying the Boy Scouts” on November 14th I sent a copy to UPS along with a notice that I would no longer be doing business with the company because of their refusal to give further donations to the Boy Scouts of America.
I am sure that the management of UPS is celebrating and waiting for congratulations to pour in praising their move to punish a bunch of kids in the name of political correctness. With great fanfare the company has announced that it is withdrawing its financial support for the Boy Scouts of America, an institution that for over 100 years has taught young men to be self reliant, patriotic, to help others, and to foster the virtues of honesty, selflessness, and morality. Now UPS has said how dare they?
I have repeatedly stated in speeches and on my radio show that many Americans are woefully unaware of what the Constitution says, and that means that if they don’t know how our government works and what rights they have then they won’t recognize what they are losing until it is too late. Unfortunately, yesterday’s election proved me right.
We have had two Presidential debates between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama and a Vice Presidential debate between Paul Ryan and Joe Biden. There has been a lot of discussion about winners and losers and who had a bad or a good night, but based on what I saw that is not the only thing that the American people should focus on.
An unknown song writer once wrote these words: “A veteran is a man or woman who at one point in their life wrote a blank check payable up to and including their life.” The check was payable to the people of the United States of America and to make sure we were understood we took an oath that said “I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic…”
There is nothing that angers U.S. military veterans more than someone showing disrespect for the flag that they have fought to defend and that their friends and comrades have died for. I am a U.S. Army veteran and I not only feel that way, but I find it particularly egregious when the person showing disrespect and contempt for our flag is the President of the United States.
Today, September 17, 2012 marks the 225th anniversary of the signing of the Constitution of the United States of America. Congress has passed a resolution mandating this date as “Constitution and Citizenship Day” and calling on the people of the United States to celebrate the anniversary and learn more about the Constitution.
The first part of a video about “Our Constitution” has been posted on You tube. In this dramatic video I explain in detail how the U.S. Constitution has been defiled and ignored by the current administration. I take each part of the Constitution and tell you how it is being destroyed. The link to the video is as follows: http://youtu.be/H5ozzjs7ouE
Please take a look at it and if you like it, forward it on to others. Part two will be posted shortly. Also, please go to www.constitution.jigsy.com to place your orders for copies of the booklet “Our Constitution” or to make a donation to support distribution of the booklet at reduced prices to schools and youth groups.
I have no idea who first came up with the term Obamabots to refer to those mindless progressives in the news media and the general population who come to the defense of Barack Hussein Obama whenever anyone on the right or even the left has the audacity to question his actions. I just know term is totally accurate and reflects the efforts of the left in this country to silence everyone they disagree with.
With the most important Presidential election in history happening in just three months the Obama campaign is pulling out all of the stops to see that he is reelected so he can complete his personal mission of destroying the United States and our Constitution. As a result he is running a campaign full of distortions, outright lies, and vicious personal attacks not only on his opponent, but on those who support Mitt Romney.
The first article I wrote and posted on this blog was in August 2009 and it was titled “The Truth About the Health Care Bills.” It was based on my reading of the original 1100 pages of H.R. 3200 that was the first of the proposed bills. Based on what I read in that bill and other proposals I made a number of predictions about what would happen if the bill passed. I was immediately viscously attacked by those on the left who believe freedom of speech is only allowed if you agree with them.
It is June 28, 2012 and on this day in history five Justices of the U.S. Supreme Court joined with President Obama and members of Congress to declare the U.S. Constitution and our free Republic dead. The Justices accomplished all of this by issuing a bizarre opinion on the Constitutionality of the “Affordable Health Care Act” commonly known as Obamacare.
The press is labeling it as a Constitutional crisis. A committee of the U.S. House of Representatives has charged Attorney General Eric Holder with Contempt of Congress for refusing to provide documents on “Operation Fast and Furious” an ill fated gun walking operation that cost the lives of several U.S. Border Patrol agents, and an uncounted number of Mexican
In 1982 while Ronald Reagan was President of the United States a treaty was drafted under the auspices of the United Nations that would establish international control of the oceans and everything underneath them.
In May of 2,000 I closed my law practice in Baton
Rouge, Louisiana after practicing for 27 years. I put myself on inactive status
I have repeatedly been asked by a number of different people if I think that the President of the United States, Barack Obama, has committed any offenses that subject him to being impeached
I have received dozens of inquiries about the Executive Order signed by President Obama on March 16, 2012.
The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that was recently adopted by Congress, and signed into law by Barack Obama, contains language that has raised substantial Constitutional questions by civil libertarians on both the political right and on the political left.
President Obama has done it again; hehas apologized on behalf of Americans when no apology by the President was
needed or warranted.
In my last article, “The State of the Constitution” I talked about how President Obama and his supporters in Congress and the federal judiciary are systematically destroying the delicate balance of powers that was set up by our founding fathers.
President Obama made his 2012 State of the Union address and as expected, it was primarily a campaign speech to reinforce his changes for re-election in November.
You may make donations here to help support and continue this site. You can also make donations by mailing a check or money order to me at PMB 141, 12895 Josey Lane #124, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234. Thank you for your support.